Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Coach Des Hasler says Dylan Walker and Kieran Foran are confirmed starters for tomorrow night’s home match against the North Qld Cowboys.
Walker will start the match at full-back for Tom Trbojevic, who is being rested following his man-of-the-match performance for NSW in the 50-6 win over Queensland last night in the opening State of Origin match.
“We will rest Tommy tomorrow night. Daly and Jake will play,’’ Hasler said.
“Kieran and Dylan will also play.
“We think tomorrow night will be a really difficult game for us. The Cowboys have been winning, and they have been winning the close ones.
“They are playing with a bit of confidence as well and they have got some handy experienced players in there obviously with (Jason) Taumalolo and (Jordan) McLean, and young (Scott) Drinkwater.
“They have young (Tom) Dearden they picked up from the Broncos and I’ve got no doubt that Valentine Holmes will back up tomorrow, so it won’t be an easy game.”
Hasler also said he was proud to see the match part of a tribute night to the late Bob Fulton, Manly's only Immortal. It will be the Sea Eagles' first home game since Fulton's passing on May 23, aged 74.
“It has been a very emotional few weeks both for the club and for the family,'' Hasler said.
"I think it is a tremendous acknowledgement and the grandchildren will present the game ball. It is a very significant event tomorrow night.”
One of the original four rugby league Immortals, Fulton played 213 first grade games for Manly from 1966-76 and is the only person to both captain and coach the Sea Eagles to premierships.
Bob won premierships as a Manly player in 1972, 1973, and 1976 (captain) and coached the Sea Eagles to the 1987 and 1996 premierships.
Highlights of the Bob Fulton tribute include:
- Bob’s wife, Ann, children Brett, Scott and Kristie, and Bob and Ann’s grandchildren in attendance in a suite as special guests of the Sea Eagles.
- Some of the Fulton grandchildren will present the official match ball and jersey #175 prior to the NRL game.
- Some of the grandchildren will raise the 75th year Bob Fulton tribute flag on a flag pole temporary erected at the Southern end of the field in front of the Fulton-Menzies Stand.
- Jersey #175 will be displayed over a chair on the Sea Eagles team bench for the match.
- The Sea Eagles Heritage logo with Fulton’s Manly player number, #175, will be displayed on field for the Round 14 game.
- In a touching tribute, all attendees will be asked to stand and applaud at the 175th second mark of the match in memory of our greatest ever Sea Eagle.
The jersey was originally planned to be worn for the Golden Eagles Round 21 match against Melbourne Storm, but the Club decided that it would be more fitting for it to be worn as part of the night's tribute to Bob Fulton.
The Heritage Jersey recognises the Sea Eagles’ nine NRL Hall of Fame inductees led by Fulton, who has his name on the back of the jersey collar.
Roy Bull, Eddie Lumsden, Ken Irvine, John O’Neill, Graham Eadie, Kerry Boustead, Cliff Lyons, and Steve Menzies also have their names on the jersey sleeves.
The specially designed jersey features a large sea eagle on the front and pays homage to the 1957-64 style of jersey worn by the Sea Eagles.
Secure your tickets here to be part of a very special and memorable evening as the Sea Eagles Remember Bob “Bozo” Fulton.
Gates open at 4.30pm with NRL kick-off at 6pm.
Click here to book hospitality tickets.
Secure your Heritage jersey here