Manly Warringah Sea Eagles will 'Remember Bob ‘Bozo’ Fulton', player #175, at this Friday night’s home game against the North Queensland Cowboys at Brookvale.
One of the original four rugby league Immortals, Fulton played 213 first grade games for Manly from 1966-76 and is the only person to both captain and coach the Sea Eagles to premierships.
Bob won premierships as a Manly player in 1972, 1973, and 1976 (captain) and coached the Sea Eagles to the 1987 and 1996 premierships.
Highlights of the evening will include:
- Bob’s wife, Ann, children Brett, Scott and Kristie, and Bob and Ann’s grandchildren in attendance as special guests of the Sea Eagles.
- The Fulton grandchildren will present the official match ball at the commencement of the NRL game.
- Family representatives will raise the 75th year Bob Fulton tribute flag on a flag pole temporary erected at the Southern end of the field in front of the Fulton-Menzies Stand.
- The Sea Eagles Heritage logo with Fulton’s Manly player number, #175, will be displayed on field for the Round 14 game.
- And in a touching tribute, all attendees will be asked to stand and applaud at the 175th second mark of the match in memory of our greatest ever Sea Eagle.
To further honour Manly’s only rugby league Immortal, the Sea Eagles NRL team will wear the 2021 Heritage Jersey for the game.
This wonderful jersey was originally planned to be worn for the Golden Eagles Round 21 match against Melbourne Storm, but the Club has now decided that it would be more fitting for it to be worn as part of our 'Remembering Bob Fulton' match.
The Heritage Jersey recognises the Sea Eagles’ nine NRL Hall of Fame inductees led by Fulton, who has his name on the back of the jersey collar. Roy Bull, Eddie Lumsden, Ken Irvine, John O’Neill, Graham Eadie, Kerry Boustead, Cliff Lyons, and Steve Menzies also have their names on the jersey sleeves.
The specially designed jersey features a large sea eagle on the front and pays homage to the 1957-64 style of jersey worn by the Sea Eagles.
Fulton, who was born less than a month after Manly was granted entry into the NSWRL competition in 1946, said in February the Heritage jersey was special to him.
"It is a tremendous honour and privilege to have my name on this Heritage jersey" Fulton stated.
“I am sure all of the NRL Hall of Fame players from Manly who are on this jersey feel just as proud as I am to be associated with the Club’s 75th year anniversary.”
Player issued jerseys from Friday’s game will be signed and auctioned afterwards, with funds donated to specifically support the Sea Eagles Pathways Academy, which was one of Bob’s great passions.
Secure your tickets here to be part of a very special and memorable evening as the Sea Eagles Remember Bob “Bozo” Fulton.
Gates open at 4.30pm with NRL kick-off at 6pm.
Click here to book hospitality tickets.
Sea Eagles Senior Partner Industree Group are the Match Day Partner for this Friday night’s game.