Koroisau and Uate to play for Fiji
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles players Akuila Uate and Apisai Koroisau have been selected in the Fiji team for the Rugby League World Cup.
Both players enjoyed exceptional seasons for the Sea Eagles in 2017 with Koroisau rewarded by earning his first green and gold jersey in representing the Prime Minister’s XIII in the win over PNG in Port Moresby last month.
Koroisau had a dynamic season at hooker with the clever rake playing in 24 matches where he scored three tries.
He has already represented Fiji on seven previous occasions.
Uate enjoyed a superb first season with the Sea Eagles, scoring 14 tries in 24 games to again show why he is one of the best finishers in the game.
The flying winger has played 11 Tests matches for Fiji.
Fiji World Cup squad
1. Kane Evans - Sydney Roosters
2. Salesi Faingaa - Parramatta Eels
3. Jarryd Hayne - Gold Coast Titans
4. Tui Kamikamica - Melbourne Storm/ SC Falcons
5. Villiame Kikau - Penrith Panthers
6. Apisai Koroisau - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
7. Joe Lovadua - St George-Illawarra Dragons
8. Henry Raiwalui - Mounties RLFC
9. Taane Milne - St George-Illawarra Dragons/ Illawarra RLFC
10. Sitiveni Moceidreke - South Sydney Rabbitohs/ North Sydney Bears
11. Marcelo Montoya - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
12. Kevin Naiqama (c) - Wests Tigers
13. Ben Nakubuwai - Gold Coast Titans/ Tweed Heads Seagulls
14. Mikaele Ravalawa - Canberra Raiders
15. Junior Roqica - London Broncos
16. Jacob Saifiti - Newcastle Knights
17. Ashton Sims - Warrington Wolves
18. Korbin Sims - Brisbane Broncos
19. Pio Seci - Nabua Broncos
20. James Storer - Port Kembla Blacks
21. Akuila Uate - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
22. Eloni Vunakece - Sydney Roosters/ Wyong Roos
23. Suliasi Vunivalu - Melbourne Storm
24. Brayden Wiliame - Catalans Dragons
25. Etuate Bola - Nabua Broncos