Here are all the facts you need heading into Saturday’s must win match against the NZ Warriors at nib Stadium, Perth.
The Warriors have found the Sea Eagles their second most challenging opponent behind only St George Illawarra.
Warriors: 7th place, 20 points.
Manly: 13th place, 14 points.
Manly v Warriors History
Played 28: Manly 20, Warriors 8.
Past 11 matches since 2009: Manly 10, Warriors 1.
Last match: Rd 6, April 9, 2016: Manly 34 d Warriors 18, Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland.
2011 Grand Final: Manly 24 d Warriors 10, Sydney, Oct 2.
Biggest wins: Manly d Warriors 52-6, Brookvale Oval, 2008; Auckland d Manly 36-10, Brookvale Oval, 1999.
Manly in Perth
· The Sea Eagles have committed to play one annual home game at Perth’s nib Stadium for the next three years (2016-2018).
· Manly have played four premiership games in Perth;
- Canberra defeated Manly 29-12 at WACA Ground, May 18, 1990
- Manly defeated Cronulla 26-6 at WACA Ground, July 9, 1993
- Western Reds defeated Manly 11-8 at WACA Ground, June 30, 1996
- Manly defeated Warriors 24-22 at Patersons Stadium, Perth, July 28, 2012
- Jorge Taufua, Jamie Lyon, Daly Cherry-Evans, Jamie Buhrer, Darcy Lussick, are the only Manly players in the team on Saturday who played for the Sea Eagles in the 2012 win over the Warriors in Perth.
- Lewis Brown will play centre for Manly after playing centre for the Warriors in the 2012 match.
- Manu Vatuvei, Shaun Johnson, Ben Matulino, and Jacob Lillyman are the only Warriors players who will play at Nib Stadium and played in the 2012 loss to Manly.
Warriors in Perth
- It is the fifth straight season the Warriors have taken on the ‘NRL's longest trip’. A 5340km, seven-and-a-half-hour haul to Western Australia from Auckland.
- The Warriors have been frequent flyers to Western Australia, this being their eighth trip there.
- The Warriors are yet to win in Perth, their involvement in the four games in the last four seasons has resulted in 20,000 plus crowds each time, the vast majority of those in attendance being ex-pat Kiwis there to support the Warriors.
- nib Stadium will become the eighth different venue to host a first-grade game between the Warriors and the Manly Sea Eagles.
11.30am: Gates Open
11.35am: U18s NSW Country v U18s Western Australia
1.15pm: NSW Country Bulls v Western Australia Reps
3.30pm: NRL: Sea Eagles v Warriors
2012 Game video
Click here to read and watch the highlights of the 2012 match in Perth.
Match Day Information
Click here to read about curtain raiser matches, public transport, and more.
Buy match tickets here.