A State Funeral will be held in honour of Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Immortal, Bob Fulton, at St Mary’s Cathedral in Sydney on Friday, June 4, at 10.30am.
The Fulton family has requested that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the Men of League Foundation.
Fulton played 213 first grade games for Manly from 1966-76 and is the only person to both Captain and Coach the Sea Eagles to premierships.
He won premierships as a Manly player in 1972, 1973, and 1976 (captain) and coached the Sea Eagles to the 1987 and 1996 premierships.
Watch the State Funeral
A live stream will commence on Friday 4 June at 10:30am. Click here to watch.
Manly Leagues Club at Brookvale will also be streaming the funeral service.
As a mark of mourning and respect, and in accordance with protocol, the Australian National Flag and the New South Wales State Flag should be flown at half-mast all day on Friday 4 June 2021 in New South Wales from all buildings and establishments occupied by New South Wales Government departments and affiliated agencies. Other organisations are welcome to participate.
In accordance with flag protocol, all flags and ensigns at each flag station should be flown at half-mast during daylight hours. An acceptable half-mast position would be when the top of the flag is a third of the distance down from the top of the flagpole.
Birthplace: Warrington, UK
Date of Birth: 1 December, 1946, Died: 23 May, 2021
Debut Team: Country Seconds vs City Seconds, 22 May, 1965, SCG
Representative: Country, City, NSW, Australia
Clubs: Wests Wollongong, Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, Eastern Suburbs Roosters.
Club Career 1965-79
Western Suburbs, Wollongong 1965
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles 1966-76
213 first grade games, 129 tries, 10 goals, 56 field goals, 510 points
16 games, 16 tries, 1 goal, 50 points.
Eastern Suburbs 1977-79
50 games, 18 tries, 16 goals, 2 field goals, 88 points
Representative Career 1965-78
City-Country 1965-78: 11 games, 3 tries, 9 points
NSW 1967-69, 1971-75, 1978: 17 games, 14 tries, 42 points.
Australia 1968-75, 1978: Tests and World Cup 1968, 1970-75, 1978: 35 games, 25 tries, 6 field goals, 82 points
Total First Class Career: 428 games, 259 tries, 32 goals, 68 field goals, 961 points.
Bob Fulton Highlights
· Played in five NSWRL grand finals with Manly, winning three (1972-73 and 1976, as captain) and losing two (1968 and 1970)
· Kangaroo Tour 1973; Kangaroo Tour captain 1978
· 7 Tests as Australian captain
· NSWRL Player of the Year 1973-74
· Grand Final man of the match* 1973
· Rugby League Week Player of the Year 1975
· Immortal 1981
· Australian Rugby League Team of the Century 2008
· New South Wales Team of the Century 2008
· NSW Country Team of the Century 2008
· Rated No. 6 in Rugby League Week’s Top 100 players 1992
· Named in NRL Team of the 1960s (2006)
· Named in NRL Team of the 1970s (2005)
· Coached Manly to 1987 and 1996 premierships
· Kangaroos Coach: 1989-1998
Statistics and Information provided by David Middleton | League Information Services