You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Sea Eagles beat Dragons to remain unbeaten

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles kept their undefeated record intact with a 32-16 victory over the St George Dragons at Mascot Oval today in the Harold Matthews Cup competition.

The Sea Eagles are playing some brilliant attacking football combined with a hardworking forward pack under Coach Adam McEwan to win all seven matches. 

Talented Manly five-eighth Latu Fainu split the defence out wide in the opening minute to send winger Calvin Levy over in the left corner. Half-back Ollie Cummins converted for a 6-0 lead.

The Dragons hit back in the ninth minute when they caught Manly's defence napping for half-back Shadi Hammoud to score next to the posts. Five-eighth Nicholas Quinn converted for a 6-all scoreline.

A great break up the middle by Manly hooker Jake Smith saw the Sea Eagles go on the attack before Roy Quiroz-Mapusua was pulled down inside the Dragons quarter. A quick shift to the right saw the ball find winger Maxwell Taotua go over untouched. Cummins failed to convert to leave Manly with a 10-6 lead after 15 minutes.

The Sea Eagles extended their lead when prolific tryscorer Josh Feledy finished off a 90 metre break to score. Cummins converted for a 16-6 lead after 25 minutes.

Four minutes later, the Dragons hit back with a try next to the posts to Setefano Sele. Quinn converted for a 16-12 scoreline after 29 minutes. The score remained that way at half-time.

The Sea Eagles started the second half with some poor discipline, giving the Dragons plenty of possession through penalties and errors.

However, the Sea Eagles dug deep in defence on their tryline to keep the Dragons out several times.

The hard work paid off when Taotua made a break down the sideline on the last tackle to link up with centre Eli Sagala who found Cummins in support for the half-back to score under the posts. Cummins converted his own try for a 22-12 lead.

Manly went further ahead when Fainu put a great kick through for Levy to score his second try in the 48th minute. Cummins failed to convert for a 26-12 lead.

Fainu then made a great break on the half-way line to link up with Feledy who raced away to score his second try four minutes later. Cummins converted for a 32-12 lead.

The Dragons scored a late consolation try through Dannie Samani in the final minute for the 32-16 scoreline.





Acknowledgement of Country

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.

Major Partner

Premier Partners

Senior Partners

View All Partners