Last time they met
Rd 6 2014, Brookvale Oval.
SEA EAGLES 24; tries: Matai (2), Hiku, Lawrence, Taufua tries, goals: Lyon 2/5
SHARKS 4; tries: Wade Graham tries, goals: Gordon 0/1
Sea Eagles Fullback Brett Stewart was instrumental in his side’s 24-4 victory over Cronulla earlier this season. Stewart had a hand in three of Manly’s five tries as the Sea Eagles claimed the Steve Rogers Cup for the third consecutive time. Manly were at their attacking best on a gloomy day in Brookvale two months ago, dismantling their opposition in a clinical first half display. The home side produced 20 unanswered points to all but seal victory by half time. Centre Steve Matai’s bagged a double as he helped his side to a five try to two romping of the Sharks.
Last five meetings between the two sides
9th April 2011 – Sea Eagles 19-13, Remondis Stadium
19th March 2012 – Sharks 17-14, Remondis Stadium
14th April 2013 – Sea Eagles 25-18, Brookvale Oval
20th Sep 2013 - Sea Eagles 24-18, Allianz Stadium
13th April, 2014 – Sea Eagles 24-4, Brookvale Oval
- The Sea Eagles have won nine of the last 10 matches against the Sharks, including the past three.
- Cronulla’s biggest win over Manly – 68-6, 2005 at Remondis Stadium.
- Manly’s biggest win over Cronulla – 50-14, 1984 at Brookvale Oval.
- Since 2008, Cronulla have only scored 20 points or more against the Sea Eagles on one occasion. Yet, despite scoring 26 points, the Sharks were defeated 32-26 at Remondis Stadium.
- Overall wins: Manly 65, Cronulla 25, draws 3.
- Grand final meetings: 2, 1973 & 1978.
- Premierships: Manly 8, Cronulla 0.
- Cronulla head into Saturday night’s clash having lost their past four matches.
- Both wins this season have come at Remondis Stadium for the hapless Sharks.
- Manly have only won one of their four matches away from home this season.
- It’s been a month since Cronulla have scored a point.
- Cronulla have the worst attack in the competition, last for points scored with 155. Manly have scored 264 points but sit eighth in attack.