The revised 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership draw will feature a blockbuster start and finish, traditional rivalries and 18 weeks of uninterrupted football for fans.
With Manly unable to play home games at Lottoland from rounds three to nine, the Sea Eagles selected Central Coast Stadium as its home ground, a venue that Manly has won an impressive 12 of 13 home games at since 2007. The matches will be played in front of no crowds.
The NRL will then review the allocation of venues for home teams for further rounds with the Sea Eagles hoping to host five home games at Lottoland, starting with the round 10 blockbuster against traditional rivals the Parramatta Eels.
Some of the key points from the Sea Eagles draw include:
- Manly playing each of the following teams twice – Melbourne Storm, Canterbury Bulldogs, New Zealand Warriors, Parramatta Eels, and the Newcastle Knights.
- The allocation of 1 Thursday night match, 3 Friday night matches, 6 Saturday matches, and 8 Sunday matches.
- The Sea Eagles resuming their season with a home clash against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at Central Coast Stadium on Sunday, May 31, at 6.30pm.
- Manly only has one five-day turnaround, occurring between rounds four and five.
- The Club is planning to make the Rd 19 home match against the Gold Coast Titans its Members Round. The team will wear a specially designed jersey with names of members who committed to the Club’s Membership Pledge to help with the financial stress caused by COVID-19.
- Manly are scheduled to travel interstate to play the Nth Qld Cowboys and the Melbourne Storm.
- The Sea Eagles will receive valuable free-to-air exposure for its corporate partners and members with five games being shown on Channel Nine. All of the Sea Eagles matches will be shown live on Fox League.
- The NRL finals series begins on Friday, October 2, with the Grand Final to be played on Sunday, October 25.
- The dates for the State of Origin series have been locked in with venues to be confirmed – Game One (Wednesday, November 4), Game Two (Wednesday, November 11), Game Three (Wednesday, November 18). The Women’s State of Origin match will be played on Friday, November 13.