Are you a natural born entertainer who can inspire a crowd and can show off your outstanding personality?
If the answer is yes, then you might want to become part of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles family in 2019!
The Sea Eagles are looking for a new embodiment for our much-loved mascots, Egor the Eagle, and Ellie the Eagle.
Think you are the one? Then register for our Auditions by filling out the Questionnaire form by Thursday, February 7, for your chance to be considered.
See criteria below:
- I am over the age of 18
- I consent to being filmed/photographed or otherwise for the audition
- I am available for home games, rehearsals & community appearances
- I am under 170cm tall (due to suit restrictions)
Date: Tuesday, February 12
Time: 6pm – 7pm
Venue: Venue will be provided to successful applicants
Auditions Timeslots: If you are successful for Auditions, you will be given a time slot of one minute to perform a 15-30secs routine/skit and approx. 30 secs of interview questions.
For enquiries please contact email@example.com
Here are some tips to help you prepare for your audition!
- Learn what things the mascot is expected to do from skits, dancing, and/or posing for photographs. Can you give off the "personality" you are expected to convey – tough, docile, goofy, silly, calm, or footloose.
- Practice your audition. Think about working with the cheerleaders on a dance or cheer or even being part of a formation. Try and find a full-length mirror to practice in front of to see how your gestures look.
- Skit Development: Come up with a theme YOU are comfortable with, as well as something appropriate to the personality of the costume. Choose dance moves/physical stunts you are comfortable with, and practice them!
- The Interview: We like to hear about the performer's goals and interests. The job is a one-person position, however we will require under-studies in case of illness/injury & work commitments. The interviewers will seek to find performers who can meet the roles asked of the program and be co-operative with club requirements of the mascot and culture.
- Be positive! Be ready to have fun, even if you don't make the cut. Show the interviewers that this opportunity is something fun, something great, and something you want to be a part of!
- If you get the part – Congratulations! Remember that everything you do represents the Manly Sea Eagles, so show the world who is number one!