The wait is finally over for Daly Cherry-Evans.
The outstanding Manly Warringah Sea Eagles half-back and captain has today been recalled to the Queensland Origin team for Game III on July 11 at Suncorp Stadium.
Named at half-back ahead of Ben Hunt, Cherry-Evans has been knocking on the selection door for the Maroons for the past few seasons but has been overlooked.
The 29-year-old has previously played six matches for Queensland with his last appearance being in Game 2 of the 2015 series.
With NSW having already won this year's series, Cherry-Evans will go up against his Manly team-mates in Jake and Tom Trbojevic in the final match.
The trio will then be looking to back up for Manly against the Melbourne Storm at Lottoland on July 14.
Match: Sea Eagles v Storm
Round 18 -
Queensland Maroons side to play Origin III
1. Billy SLATER (c) - Melbourne Storm
2. Valentine HOLMES - Cronulla Sharks
3. Dane GAGAI - South Sydney Rabbitohs
4. Will CHAMBERS - Melbourne Storm
5. Corey OATES - Brisbane Broncos
6. Cameron MUNSTER - Melbourne Storm
7. Daly CHERRY-EVANS - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
8. Jai ARROW - Gold Coast Titans
9. Andrew McCULLOUGH - Brisbane Broncos
10. Josh PAPALII - Canberra Raiders
11. Gavin COOPER - North Queensland Cowboys
12. Felise KAUFUSI - Melbourne Storm
13. Josh McGUIRE - Brisbane Broncos
14. Ben HUNT - St George Illawarra Dragons
15. Jarrod WALLACE - Gold Coast Titans
16. Coen HESS - North Queensland Cowboys
17. Tim GLASBY - Melbourne Storm
18. Dylan NAPA - Sydney Roosters
Coach: Kevin Walters