Game 31 for Maroons awaits Nate Myles
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles prop Nate Myles is on the verge of joining Queensland league ‘royalty’ in Wally Lewis.
Myles has been named in the Maroons team to play NSW Blues in the opening game of the State of Origin series at Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday, May 31.
The respected prop has played 30 games for Queensland since 2006 and will join Immortal, Wally Lewis, on 31 games when he tackles NSW.
Myles today was cleared of any serious injury after copping a knock to his left knee in Manly’s win over Gold Coast Titans on Saturday night.
Current Queensland and Australian Test Captain Cameron Smith holds the record for most games for the Maroons with 38.
Queensland Maroons Origin I team
1. Darius Boyd (Brisbane Broncos)
2. Corey Oates (Brisbane Broncos)
3. Will Chambers (Melbourne Storm)
4. Justin O'Neill (North Queensland Cowboys)
5. Dane Gagai (Newcastle Knights)
6. Anthony Milford (Brisbane Broncos)
7. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
8. Dylan Napa (Sydney Roosters)
9. Cameron Smith (c) (Melbourne Storm)
10. Nate Myles (Manly Sea Eagles)
11. Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)
12. Matt Gillett (Brisbane Broncos)
13. Josh McGuire (Brisbane Broncos)
14. Michael Morgan (North Queensland Cowboys)
15. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)
16. Aidan Guerra (Sydney Roosters)
17. Jacob Lillyman (Warriors)
18. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)