You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
2017 NRL - Grant Trouville © NRL Photos

Unstoppable..even when they took his legs from underneath him, the Bulldogs couldn't stop the class of Daly Cherry-Evans at Lottoland today. Photo: NRL Photos.

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles recorded a crushing 36-0 victory over Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at Lottoland today in round four of the Telstra Premiership.

Sea Eagles Captain Daly Cherry-Evans was outstanding in his 150th NRL game for the club, setting up some superb tries in a dominant performance from the half-back.

The victory, on the back of a 30-8 win over the North Queensland Cowboys in Townsville last Saturday night, sees the Sea Eagles with two wins from their first four games of the season.

The crushing victory was also Manly’s first over the Bulldogs since a 32-10 win at the same ground in 2014, and ended a six game losing streak to Canterbury-Bankstown.

The match also marked the return of props Martin Taupau and Addin Fonua-Blake from a two game suspension.

The Bulldogs enjoyed plenty of early possession inside Manly’s half but it was the Sea Eagles who opened the scoring when centre Dylan Walker managed to juggle and control the ball from a grubber kick by Cherry-Evans. Walker converted his own try for a 6-0 lead after 15 minutes.

Five minutes later, Cherry-Evans delivered a short ball to put second-rower Curtis Sironen over for a 10-0 lead. Walker failed to convert the try.

Manly’s third try came in the 27th minute when a Blake Green grubber kick saw centre Brian Kelly reach down to plant his hand on the ball to score. Walker’s conversion hit the upright and fell short in front of the posts for a 14-0 scoreline.

Kelly got his second try when Cherry-Evans darted crossfield looking for support before putting the centre through a hole to score his second try. Walker converts for a 20-0 lead.

Cherry-Evans, as hard as tried to keep his legs going to the line when in the clear, then put through a short kick for full-back Tom Trbojevic to score. Walker converted for a 26-0 lead at half-time with the Sea Eagles leaving the field to a standing ovation.

Second Half

The Sea Eagles kept the scoreboard ticking over when a great run and offload by prop Addin Fonua-Blake saw hooker Api Koroisau beat three defenders to score. Walker converted for a 32-0 lead after 49 minutes.

The remaining half hour was more of a struggle but the Bulldogs never threatened the Sea Eagles defence.

Manly were rewarded in the 78th minute for their hard work when a left foot grubber kick by Cherry-Evans saw winger Akuila Uate score in the corner for a 36-0 lead. Walker failed to convert the try.

The Sea Eagles now take on the undefeated Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium at 6pm on Friday, March 31.


Acknowledgement of Country

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.

Major Partner

Premier Partners

Senior Partners

View All Partners