You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Competition - NYC Premiership
Round - Round 02
Teams - Wests Tigers V Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 
Date - 12th of March 2016
Venue - Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield, Sydney NSW
Photographer - Robb Cox

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles suffered a 36-22 loss to the Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval tonight in round two of the Telstra Premiership.

The home side got away to a flying start before the Sea Eagles reduced the margin to six points at half-time until the Wests Tigers pulled away in the second half to record victory in front of a crowd of 11, 269 fans. The Sea Eagles remain winless after two rounds.

The Sea Eagles opened the scoring through a penalty goal to captain Jamie Lyon for a 2-0 lead afrer three minutes.

Wests Tigers hit back immediately when a crossfield kick by five-eighth Mitch Moses saw winger David Nofoaluma catch the ball to score in the right corner. Moses failed to convert the try for a 4-2 lead after seven minutes.

The Sea Eagles received a touch of luck in the 17th minute when a grubber kick by half-back Luke Brooks bounced over the head of an unmarked Jordan Rankin.

The home side jumped to an 8-2 lead when Moses sent centre Kevin Naiqama over before Naqaima then combined to send full-back James Tedesco over. Moses converted for a 16-2 lead to Wests Tigers after 24 minutes.

The Sea Eagles reduced the margin to 16-6 in the 32nd minute with a try from dummy half. Lyon failed to convert from the sideline.

A great offload in a two man tackle by prop Brenton Lawrence resulted in five-eighth Dylan Walker scoring his first try in Sea Eagles colours in the 36th minute. Lyon failed to convert to leave the Sa Eagles trailing 16-10.

Second half

A barnstorming run by second-rower Martin Taupau down the left flank laid the platform for a try to winger Jorge Taufua a few tackles later. Lyon converted for a 16-all scoreline after 44 minutes.

Wests Tigers were denied a try two minutes later when it was ruled Lyon grounded the ball in-goal first ahead of hooker Manaia Cherrington.

The home side were not to be denied minutes later when quick hands out wide saw Rankin score for a 20-16 lead after 51 minutes.

Lyon was denied a try when it was ruled the Tigers had grounded the ball from his grubber kick three minutes later.

Wests Tigers extended their lead to 24-16 in the 58th minute when Nofoaluma scored his second try. Moses failed to convert from the sideline.

Moses converted a penalty goal for a 26-16 lead after 64 minutes.

Tedesco grabbed his second try when he found some space out wide. Moses converted for a 32-16 lead before a try to Martin Taupau next to the posts. Lyon converted for a 32-22 scoreline.

The win was sealed when Tedesco stepped and weaved his way over in the 76th minute to score his third try of the game for the 36-22 scoreline.