STATS INSIDER v Roosters
Last time they met
Rd 4 2014, Allianz Stadium.
SEA EAGLES 8: tries: Cheyse Blair, goals: Lyon 2/3
In a match heavily dominated by defence, a 26th minute try to Sea Eagles winger Cheyse Blair proved the difference back in round four, as Manly protected a six-point lead for most of the match to avenge last year’s grand final heartache.
The gritty 8-0 victory at Allianz Stadium, a demonstration of Manly’s never-say-die attitude, eased some pain, but the team will need to produce a similar performance in order to preserve their ascendency at the top of the ladder.
Last five meetings between the two sides
13th May 2013 – Roosters 16-4, Brookvale Oval
1st July 2013 – Roosters 18-12, Allianz Stadium
14th Sep 2013 – Roosters 4-0, Allianz Stadium
6th Oct 2013 – Roosters 26-18, ANZ Stadium
28th March 2014 – Sea Eagles 8-0, Allianz Stadium
- The Roosters have had the wood over the Sea Eagles in recent times, winning four of their last five meetings.
- The Tri-colours’ biggest win over Manly – 46-0, 1999 at Allianz Stadium.
- Manly’s biggest win over the Roosters – 56-0, 2007 at Brookvale Oval.
- 12 appears to be the Roosters’ lucky number over the past month of football. They’ve conceded 12 points in each of their past four matches and won all four.
- Overall wins: Sea Eagles 85, Roosters 47, draw 2.
- Grand final meetings: 2, 1972 & 2013.
- Premierships: Sea Eagles 8, Roosters 13.
- Manly haven’t lost at home since round one against the Storm.
- Trent Robinson’s men have the best attacking record in the competition, having scored 41 points better than Manly’s 290 points for the season.