NRL Dream Team 2013 - first details
Friday 11 January 2013 10:33 AM
NRL Dream Team fanatics, including our own Eagle Eye, have been patiently waiting for new details regarding the 2013 edition of the insanely addictive fantasy game.
Earlier this week the NRL’s very own Dream Team guru, Lone Scout, released some important details and gave us a good idea of what to expect from the game this year.
We’ve rounded up all the tidbits so you can stay on top of the latest with the game.
- Only two weeks to go! DT launches on January 25, starting with All Stars Dream Team.
- Live in New Zealand? You are now eligible to win the major prize.
- Big changes: four extra trades will be available during the multi-bye rounds. There will also be rolling lockouts for substitutes every week, meaning you will be able to bench a player if he is a late withdrawal.
- You’ll have 34 trades this year, up from 30 in 2012. Two trades will be available most weeks, but you’ll be able to use three during the bye weeks.
- The DT Pro draft game will be free to play in 2013. Great news if you have a group of mates dedicated to the game. With each player only available once per league, you’ll be able to set up a player draft, trade players within the league and pick up free agents when they come available. Sound like fun? You bet it will be.
- After last year’s big changes to the scoring system, it will remain the same in 2013. That means our very own DT gun, Daly Cherry-Evans, will be just as essential to your Dream Team this season.
- We got a taste of additional DT last year. In 2013, All Stars, Origin and Finals DT will be joined by Test match DT.
That’s it for now - we’ll keep you updated with the latest Dream Team news as it comes to hand.
What do you make of the changes? Share your thoughts in the comments below.