Monday 4 June 2012 2:35 PM
The Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles "Family" at the senior level is made up of three (3) separate legal entities, each with their own Constitution and Board of Directors.
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited
- Privatised company that holds the NRL Licence and participates in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition.
- Contracts players, coaches and administration staff, conducts Game Days at Brookvale Oval, provides Corporate Hospitality and Sponsorship opportunities, markets and sells merchandise and membership, and operates the websites http://www.manlyseagles.com.au/ and http://membership.manlyseaeagles.com.au/.
- Public Company Limited by Shares.
- Four shareholders - Penn Sport, Surfside Manly Football (controlled by Quantum), Manly Warringah Rugby League Football Club, and Manly -Warringah League Club.
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited
- Public Company Limited by Guarantee (ie no shareholders).
- Membership based company to which the Life Members and Members belong.
- Owns 12.36% of the ordinary shares in the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Limited.
- Holds one Preference Share in the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Limited giving the members of the Football Club ownership of the Name and Colours. The preference share guarantees no less than 10 home games at Brookvale Oval.
Manly Warringah Rugby League Club Limited
- Registered Club operating licensed premises at 563 Pittwater Road, Brookvale.
- Provides entertainment and facilities to League Club members and guests.
- Facilities include Brasserie 563, Lyon's Den Sports Bar, bars, function rooms & poker machines.
- Long time Major Supporter of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.
- Owns 1 ordinary share of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited
Current Shareholders of Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Limited as at 1 February 2012
Penn Sport Pty Ltd - 9,315,884 shares = 50.07%
Surfside Manly Football Club Pty Ltd (Quantum) - 6,990,710 shares = 37.57%
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Ltd - 2,300,000 shares = 12.36%
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Ltd - 1 share = 0.00%
Total - 18,606,595 shares = 100.00%
Directors of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Limited as at 29 June 2012
Scott Penn (Chairman and co-owner)
Bob Reilly (Football Club appointee)
Darrell Williams (Football Club appointee)
Phillip Sidney (Surfside appointee)
John Walstab (Surfside appointee)
Kerry Chrysiliou (Penn Sport appointee)
Peter Peters (Penn Sport appointee)
Directors of the Manly Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited as at 31 January 2012
Bob Reilly (Chairman)
Philip Dean (Company Secretary)